Getting a flat tire is no fun, but Winter Honda’s Service Department is here to help.
1. Safety First.
Before you start thinking about changing the flat tire, make sure to take care of safety. This includes:
- Parking safely away from any traffic – especially if you’re SR 4 or other highways.
- Turning on your hazard lights
- Using any barricades if you have them
- Having a lookout person to help if have someone along with you
- Putting your Honda in park
- Applying the parking brake
- Putting wheel wedges under the wheels
2. Get Your Tools in Order
There are a number of tools you’ll need to get together in order to be able to successfully and safely change your tire, including:
- Lug wrench
- Wheel wedges
- Tire pressure gauge
3. Prepare the Wheel Wedges
Put the wheel wedges under your Honda’s wheels to prevent the car from rolling while you’re under it.
4. Remove the Wheel
In order to remove the wheel, you’ll need to:
- Remove the hubcap
- Use the lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts
- Use the jack to pick up the vehicle
- Unscrew the lug nuts the rest of the way
5. Put on the Spare Tire
Now it’s time to put on the spare:
- Remove spare tire from the trunk
- Mount the spare tire onto the lug nuts
- Tighten the lug nuts by hand
- Lower the vehicle until the spare tire is just touching the ground
- Tighten the lug nuts the rest of the way
- Lower the vehicle the rest of the way
- Remove the jack
- Replace the hubcap
- Use the tire pressure gauge to make sure the spare tire is inflated
6. Take Your Car in for Tire Care
You don’t want to drive around Brentwood on a spare forever. Spares need to be replaced after a certain number of miles. Keep an eye out for your TPMS light to determine whether your tires need replacement. Make your way to your nearest tire center around Antioch to have your tires replaced.
Take Care of Tire Care Near Bay Point at Winter Honda
At Winter Honda, we take care of all kinds of service specials – including rotating specials on tire rotations, wheel alignments as well as tire replacements. There are plenty of reasons to service with us – so if you have any questions about how to wash a car, how to check oil level, or why your check engine light is on, get in touch with us today!