Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Winter Honda has put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Honda vehicles on the list of top options.) You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from Brentwood to Pittsburg, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Antioch city streets.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Winter Honda
You should find a wide selection of used Honda vehicles and non-Honda vehicles in our inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Winter Honda
Sure, washing your car regularly helps keep it looking great, but that’s not all. When they’re done correctly, car washes protect the exterior paint and control imperfections you can’t see, such as tiny scratches. Winter Honda wants to help Antioch drivers keep their new Honda vehicles looking their best. That’s why we’ve put together to the…
If your vehicle starts to quiver when you come to a stop, there are several possible issues at play. Maybe you feel it in the steering wheel or brake pedal on your Antioch commute. There are several reasons as to why your car trembles while breaking. Let’s take a look at three of the most…
Whether you’re looking for a good place to get a bite to eat, something to drink, or to enjoy the local arts, Concord offers plenty of fun things to do. Check out some of our favorite things to do in the area with the locals at Winter Honda, a Honda dealership located in Pittsburg, CA….