Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Winter Honda has put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find Honda vehicles on the list of top options.) You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions: You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from Brentwood to Pittsburg, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Antioch city streets.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Anything you need to know will be on that report.
- Go through a dealership: Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000, and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models, which are a cut above the standard used vehicle.
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Winter Honda
You should find a wide selection of used Honda vehicles and non-Honda vehicles in our inventory. Contact us today.
Latest News from Winter Honda
Making sure your vehicle has the correct amount of motor oil is important if you want to protect all the engine’s internal moving parts. Whether you’re sticking to the streets of Antioch or heading far from Brentwood and Bay Point, maintaining proper oil levels will help your vehicle run at its best. Read on to learn…
Looking at the dash of your Honda Civic or Honda Accord? You may wonder what the TPMS warning light means. Fortunately, Winter Honda by Antioch is here to help. TPMS stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System. How does it work? Put simply, it uses tire pressure sensors to track your vehicle’s air pressure. If the monitoring…
The 2019 Honda Odyssey offers a welcoming, convenient, and feature-packed interior for Antioch and Brentwood drivers. Explore the Honda Odyssey interior at Winter Honda and find out how it can make errands effortless and family trips more fun! Learn More View Inventory Honda Odyssey Seating & Comfort The Honda Odyssey was designed with families in mind,…